- 1 frozen pie shell (9 inches)
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced yellow summer squash
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-2/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Let pastry shell stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 4 minutes. Remove foil; bake 4 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and squash in butter until tender. Add spinach and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Spoon into crust; top with cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt, rosemary and pepper until blended; pour over cheese.
- Cover edges of crust loosely with foil. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
1 piece: 369 calories, 31g fat (16g saturated fat), 190mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.